For Product Managers and CEO’s, working with designers can be frustrating at times. We designers are a special kind of species. But if communication is right – and if both sides understand one another then the process of working together can be fulfilling and successful.
The following presentation discusses my take on the issue, and offers suggestions, tools and tips for working better with designers.
If you’re a CEO or Product Manager – I bet you’ll find this useful. If you’re a designer – you’re welcome to pass this on to your colleagues and clients.
Most importantly – if you got anything to add or any questions – list them down here in the comments.
* The following was presented at Google Campus TLV as part of the Launchpad mentorship program for startups, and also at the latest Product Management meetup in TLV.
(best to view this in full screen mode)
Links from the presentation
Resources that CEO’s and PMs have to know:
Galleries for design & UX inspiration and research:
Newsletters worth subscribing to:
Other UX resources recommendations:
Tools I’ve used for time management (for working as/with a freelance):
Tools for collaborating and commenting on designs:
– Invision – this is my all time favorite. I use it on a daily basis with my colleagues.
– redpen – more minimalistic in terms of features. not as powerful as invision but also good for getting quick comments on designs.
Cover image: Screenshot of the amazing Ad made for Mercedes Benz by Shalmor Avnon Amichay/Y&R Interactive, Tel Aviv, Israel
Have anything to add? Write it here!
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Love what you do, take massive action, and prosper (w/ Ran Segall, Prospero) - May 11, 2018
- How well are we connecting with our curiosity? (w/ David Kadavy, Love Your Work) - May 3, 2018
- What is design if not a way to tell a story (w/ Yasmine Evjen, Google) - March 16, 2018
- The value of free education and building communities (w/ Quincy Larson, FreeCodeCamp) - March 8, 2018
- Breaking down design systems to atomic elements (w/ Brad Frost, Atomic Design) - March 1, 2018
- Don’t be a “tooler”, but a learner (w/ Jason Ogle, UserDefenders.com) - February 22, 2018
- Have fun, create value and do it consistently (w/ Noah Kagan, Sumo.com & AppSumo.com) - February 15, 2018
- Find a niche you love, specialize, succeed (w/ Samuel Hulick, UserOnboard.com) - February 8, 2018
- Designing as ‘Change Agents’ (w/ Maria Giudice, former VP Experience at Autodesk) - February 1, 2018
- Finding Your Product’s Level of Readiness and Manifesting Design systems (w/ Keenan Cummings, Airbnb) - January 25, 2018