For this Hacking UI Site of the Week we took a look at the beautiful new site by AKARU web agency.
So tell us a little bit about you guys?
At AKARU we consider each of our client’s requests as a creativity challenge. From conception to ergonomics, from user experience to prototype, we commit to giving exceptional attention and respect to our projects. We love to deliver unexpected or off-the-wall creations.
What were your goals in making the site?
We didn’t have a conversion goal. The first goal was to take pleasure in creating the website. The other goal was to be proud of our branding and offer the user a fun experience.
What’s your team like, and how are the responsibilities divided?
There are five of us total. Two web designers, one front-end developer, one back-end developer, and one account manager. We implemented a basic workflow process for our project, but each of the guys on the team had the opportunity to give new ideas or advice during the project. It was really important for us that the whole team was involved in every level.
And what collaboration tools did you guys use to work together?
Google docs, Skype, zoho project, email and beers !
Did you execute any UI processes before designing?
Sketching, wireframes and prototyping.
What tools did you use for design?
We hand drew sketches, as well as used Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks.
Where did you get the inspiration for your work?
As you know, we look every day at awards websites like Awwwards. But for our website we really tried not to look to other websites and to create our own baby.
What was the biggest challenge you faced with the site?
The main challenge on this site was to develop the mobile experience with support for each browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and to connect a lot of users at the same time on our interface.
What are you most proud of about the finished product?
That we achieved a mix of a fun and a professional image.
Is there anything else you’d like to share with the readers about your site?
We try to represent the spirit of AKARU through our website- happy people for an awesome project. Have fun in your work, innovate in UX and UI, and remember you are working for the user first. The best agencies are the agencies who innovate and are not afraid to think outside of the box.
Thanks a lot guys!
Check out the site, and let us know what you think. If you have any more questions for the team you can post them in the comments below.
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Introducing: The Hacking UI Master Class Series - January 17, 2017
- Influencing an industry and building a personal brand with Khoi Vinh (Principal Designer, Adobe) - December 22, 2016
- How to grow a blog and remain true to your audience – Chris Coyier (CSS-Tricks & CodePen) - November 24, 2016
- The ups and downs of dominating a niche – Harry Roberts (CSS Wizardry) - November 10, 2016
- The best decision we ever made - October 31, 2016
- The teacher who never stopped learning – Kelsey Ruger (SPA alum) - October 25, 2016
- The musician who turned a side project into a multi-million dollar company – David Okuniev (Typeform) - October 20, 2016
- The freelance designer that stopped selling his time – Peter Nowell (Sketch Master) - October 11, 2016
- A complete step-by-step guide to set up HTTPS on your website - October 10, 2016
- The mission to give everyone their own home on the Internet – with Matt Mullenweg (Automattic, WordPress) - October 6, 2016