Virtual embodiment has been an exotic research topic for years, propelling neuroscientists to study the mechanisms behind successful body illusions in the lab.
Now, with the rise of VR experiences, their findings are more relevant than ever. It’s time to take these findings out of the lab and introduce them to our UX and design workflows. Enabling us to create compelling immersive experiences, a convincing embodiment in a virtual avatar is a desirable goal to aim for, yet a powerful state we should consider with care.
The Hacking UI Master Class
The Hacking UI Master Class is a monthly series of conversations and lectures with experts in design, development, and technology, in which the experts discuss emerging technology and new ideas.
If you haven’t yet, you are welcome to sign up for free to the Hacking UI Master Class.
What would YOU like to learn?
We would also love to hear your voice.
What would YOU love to learn for future Master Classes?
Ayelet Batist is a creative leader and a UX consultant and mentor.
Combining her varied expertise in crafting digital products, from branding and strategic product design to coding and UX & UI design, she founded and has managed the creative team at Lightricks over the past 3.5 years, designing Appstore leading mobile apps. She is the founder of an events series that encourages designers and developers to assist NGOs with achieving amplified digital presence. Ayelet is passionate about Esthetics, Human Cognition, and Digital Experiences and she’s is on the constant lookout for practices that combine all three.
Shout out to our Sponsors
The Hacking UI Master Class is completely free and brought to you by the support of our sponsors – General Assembly.
General Assembly has excellent courses for learning about design, development, business and technology.
If you’ve enjoyed the Master Class or like learning in that style, then a General Assembly course could be a great fit for you.
General Assembly is giving you:
– An invite to learn more about their upcoming curriculum
– As well as $100 off any course you choose
You can get this offer by filling in our short Master Class Survey.
You’ll get $100, and help us improve the Master Class for you. Great deal 🙂
So, see you at the session?
More UX & Frontend goodness
- The Falafel Method for UI Design - August 16, 2017
- Take part in the 2017 Professional Development Survey - July 9, 2017
- Master Class #5: Why we should care about avatar embodiment in VR (w/ Ayelet Batist) - April 25, 2017
- Master Class #4: The Soul in The Machine – Developing for Humans (w/ Christian Heilmann) - April 20, 2017
- Master Class #3: How personal AI revolutionized our digital experience (w/ Ori Shaashua) - March 21, 2017
- Intro: How websites actually work - March 13, 2017
- Choose a domain name that will strengthen your brand - March 13, 2017
- Technical tips when buying your domain name (and what mistakes to avoid) - March 13, 2017
- Creative ways to get a website up with no hosting or actual ‘website’ needed - March 13, 2017
- Bought a domain and decided to put up a website? Here’s how you can do that - March 13, 2017