I was invited to speak in a magnificent conference in Kiev that took place on the 17th of September 2016.
The talk I gave there was called “Start Building Your Personal Brand” and I wanted to share it with you here.
What is this presentation all about?
This talk is all about how you can put yourself out there and start building your personal brand as a side project.
In my case – that’s what made me eventually leave my day job.
While working on Hacking UI, David & I created a methodology which we call “Audience Driven Product Development”. I talked about this in my presentation, and provided some helpful tips regarding putting out content and setting the actual time for doing so.
Then in the second part of the talk, you’ll find some practical techniques and tips for writing your first blog post. If you’ve already written -you will have some new tools that will boost your productivity when writing articles on the web!
Links from the talk
- Side Project Accelerator – sign up for the waiting list!
- Tobias Van Schneider has the Weekly Newsletter and a product called Semplice.
- Paul Jarvis has his amazing weekly newsletter and launched many courses such as the current Chimp Essentials that’s running.
- Pat Flynn has the most awesome podcast ever – SPI (Smart Passive Income) along with other great podcasts, and shares his income reports (!!!)
- Tim Ferriss wrote the best selling book The 4 Hour work Week, and I recommend everyone to read it. One of the attendees also commented at the end that this book is a must read and that it has been very influential for him. I could not agree more. Tim Ferriss also has an amazing podcast – The Tim Ferriss Show where he interviews super interesting people (like this one and this one).
- Another book recommendation: The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone – I heard in in Audible format ( get the app on your mobile device so you can listen to audio books too. Here it is on App Store, on Google Play).
- Sign up for our free email course for writing your first article!
- Anything I missed? Tell me and I’ll add it here!
Some pics and vids from the event
Preparing for my talk at ITWeekend #Ukraine #excited #beautifulplace #conference #sideprojects
A video posted by Sagi Shrieber (@sagishrieber) on
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Love what you do, take massive action, and prosper (w/ Ran Segall, Prospero) - May 11, 2018
- How well are we connecting with our curiosity? (w/ David Kadavy, Love Your Work) - May 3, 2018
- What is design if not a way to tell a story (w/ Yasmine Evjen, Google) - March 16, 2018
- The value of free education and building communities (w/ Quincy Larson, FreeCodeCamp) - March 8, 2018
- Breaking down design systems to atomic elements (w/ Brad Frost, Atomic Design) - March 1, 2018
- Don’t be a “tooler”, but a learner (w/ Jason Ogle, UserDefenders.com) - February 22, 2018
- Have fun, create value and do it consistently (w/ Noah Kagan, Sumo.com & AppSumo.com) - February 15, 2018
- Find a niche you love, specialize, succeed (w/ Samuel Hulick, UserOnboard.com) - February 8, 2018
- Designing as ‘Change Agents’ (w/ Maria Giudice, former VP Experience at Autodesk) - February 1, 2018
- Finding Your Product’s Level of Readiness and Manifesting Design systems (w/ Keenan Cummings, Airbnb) - January 25, 2018