I was invited to speak in a magnificent conference in Kiev that took place on the 17th of September 2016.
The talk I gave there was called “Start Building Your Personal Brand” and I wanted to share it with you here.
What is this presentation all about?
This talk is all about how you can put yourself out there and start building your personal brand as a side project.
In my case – that’s what made me eventually leave my day job.
While working on Hacking UI, David & I created a methodology which we call “Audience Driven Product Development”. I talked about this in my presentation, and provided some helpful tips regarding putting out content and setting the actual time for doing so.
Then in the second part of the talk, you’ll find some practical techniques and tips for writing your first blog post. If you’ve already written -you will have some new tools that will boost your productivity when writing articles on the web!
Links from the talk
- Side Project Accelerator – sign up for the waiting list!
- Tobias Van Schneider has the Weekly Newsletter and a product called Semplice.
- Paul Jarvis has his amazing weekly newsletter and launched many courses such as the current Chimp Essentials that’s running.
- Pat Flynn has the most awesome podcast ever – SPI (Smart Passive Income) along with other great podcasts, and shares his income reports (!!!)
- Tim Ferriss wrote the best selling book The 4 Hour work Week, and I recommend everyone to read it. One of the attendees also commented at the end that this book is a must read and that it has been very influential for him. I could not agree more. Tim Ferriss also has an amazing podcast – The Tim Ferriss Show where he interviews super interesting people (like this one and this one).
- Another book recommendation: The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone – I heard in in Audible format ( get the app on your mobile device so you can listen to audio books too. Here it is on App Store, on Google Play).
- Sign up for our free email course for writing your first article!
- Anything I missed? Tell me and I’ll add it here!
Some pics and vids from the event
Preparing for my talk at ITWeekend #Ukraine #excited #beautifulplace #conference #sideprojects
A video posted by Sagi Shrieber (@sagishrieber) on
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Submit your portfolio for The New year’s Portfolio challenge - January 2, 2017
- Join The New year’s Portfolio challenge - December 8, 2016
- Announcing the results of the 2016 Design Tools Survey - December 2, 2016
- Take part in the 2016 Design Tools Survey - November 17, 2016
- How to start public speaking – with Rizwan Javaid (SPA alum) - November 1, 2016
- The man who sold his last name and is now selling his future – Jason Zook - September 28, 2016
- Start building your personal Brand (from my talk at ITWeekend in Kiev) - September 18, 2016
- Bryn Jackson (Spec.fm) on how he built a gigantic podcast network with over 5 million downloads - September 8, 2016
- Victor Yocco (UX researcher & Author) on applying psychological theory to digital design - August 31, 2016
- Running Hacking UI as a full time job & launching the Side Project Accelerator - August 22, 2016