Dribbble invites are hard to come by, so we teamed up with some of Israel’s top designers to give away 20 of them.
But that’s not all… This contest will not stay on-screen. Read on for details.
**Update: The competition is over – winners will be announced soon! Stay tuned!
The important links
Now, what’s this contest about?
The story of Pixel Dribbble
As some of you might know, I (Sagi) am also the owner of a local design blog in
Israel called Pixel Perfect
2 years ago I carried out a Dribbble contest in Israel, which culminated in a UI
exhibition for designers, where we displayed the top 100 submissions. More than 400 designers, developers,
entrepreneurs and others from the tech community attended the event in Tel Aviv.
A 2nd Pixel Dribbble contest
just started, and this time I decided to open it up to the whole world.
What does that mean?
means that now the contest will be open to all HUI readers and the worldwide community. We at HackingUI, along with
top Israeli Designers, are giving away 20 invites, and selected works will be curated, printed out and displayed in
Wait – 20 invites to Dribbble?
We gathered invites from some of
Israel’s top designers, who will also be judging the competition. In addition, this year Dribbble is officially
sponsoring the exhibition (along with some more great companies).
How do I enter?
Follow these guidelines
1. Upload your
design in one of the following formats:
- JPG or PNG 800px(w)x600px(h), 72 DPI, maximum of 3mb
- MP4 800px(w)x600px(h) maximum of up to 10mb *
- Animated GIF 800px(w)x600px(h) or even 400x300px, maximum of only 1mb *
2. Upload the same design in
a print-ready version (in case your design is picked for the exhibition):
- PDF or JPG, 150mm(w)x150mm(h), 300 DPI, maximum of 7mb
* If you submit a GIF or MP4 please submit a crop of it for the print-ready version.
naming: Save the two shots under your name, and with the appropriate suffix to each of them – 72 or 300. For example if I (Sagi) submit my design to the competition, I will call my designs SagiShrieber72, and SagiShrieber300.
Each candidate can enter a
maximum of 3 different designs to the competition.
The deadline to submitting designs for this contest is February 16th,
2015. The winners will be announced in the opening event of the exhibition.
Who are the Judges?
Here is the full list of designers who will judge in this competition:
Noam Liss – Editor at
Pixel Perfect Magazine, Product designer at SimilarWeb.
Joni Hamanie – Editor at Pixel Perfect Magazine, UX Designer.
Gal Sinay – Editor at Pixel Perfect Magazine, Product Designer at IBM.
Eyal Zuri – UI/UX Designer, founder of the popular Muzli chrome extension
Rotem Elimelech – Freelance UX Designer, Founder of popular Israeli design community Creatives.co.il.
Oz Pinhas – Product Designer at BillGuard.
Roy Reuveni – Head of Product Design at Fiverr.
Dror Cohen – UI/UX Specialist Designer.
Nadav Rikover – UX Specialist & Visual designer at Rikover Design studio.
Idan Shani – Designer \ illustrator \ independent animator
+ Product Designer at Otonomic.
Lia Dolev – Designer UI / UX Designer UX independent and A startup WhoDoYou.
Idan Segev – Designer, Lecturer at Shenkar Design College, Creative Director at NGsoft.
Keren Rijensky – Editor at Pixel Perfect Magazine, Product Designer at Webzai.
Yours Truly (Sagi Shrieber) – Co-founder of
HackingUI, Founder of Israeli Pixel Perfect Magazine, Head of Product Design & UX at SimilarWeb. Mentor
of startups at Google Campus.
Selected works out of all submissions will be chosen and printed out. The
Exhibition will happen in mid-late February in Tel Aviv, Israel. The exact date will be announced soon. The winners
will be announced on the day of the event and will be notified personally.
Here are some pics from the
exhibition of the last Pixel Dribbble Contest from 2013:
Sponsors for Pixel Dribbble
Just before we finish – we would like to thank our sponsors for this contest and exhibition:
Invision – the world’s leading tool for
design and prototyping for designers
SimilarWeb – the ultimate tool Marketing and business teams to crack marketing strategy, online companies
Hero – The world’s first UX Comics
CodersClan – Get your code tasks done. CodersClan is an online crowd-sourced platform that solves developers’ difficult and time consuming code problems.
Have questions? Write them here in the comments.
Ready to go? So start creating your shots and good luck in the competition!
Here are the links again in case you missed them:
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Master Class #1: This is Our New Robot, He’s Here to Replace You ( w/ Matty Mariansky) - February 16, 2017
- The New Year’s Portfolio Challenge – Winners and Showcase - January 26, 2017
- Submit your portfolio for The New year’s Portfolio challenge - January 2, 2017
- Join The New year’s Portfolio challenge - December 8, 2016
- Announcing the results of the 2016 Design Tools Survey - December 2, 2016
- Take part in the 2016 Design Tools Survey - November 17, 2016
- How to start public speaking – with Rizwan Javaid (SPA alum) - November 1, 2016
- The man who sold his last name and is now selling his future – Jason Zook - September 28, 2016
- Start building your personal Brand (from my talk at ITWeekend in Kiev) - September 18, 2016
- Bryn Jackson (Spec.fm) on how he built a gigantic podcast network with over 5 million downloads - September 8, 2016