In December 2016 we kicked off a New Years portfolio challenge for our community. We partnered up with .design, and gave away more than 500 free .design domain names to Hacking UI readers.
The brief was simply to do a portfolio re-design, while keeping it simple and focusing on presenting the work in a proper way.
While going through all of the portfolios, we noticed something that delighted us – people really invested in proper case studies for each of their works.
Check out the showcase, and be sure to click through to the portfolios themselves and explore some awesome case studies!
We also had some prizes that we announced we’d give out to 3 top portfolios of our choice.
So without further a due…
1st Place: Fedor Shkliarau – fedor.design
2nd Place: Tiphaine de Font-Réaulx – tiphainedefontreaulx.design
3rd Place: Omri Lachman – omritzek.design
Congrats to the winners! If you would like to see what they won you can read about it here.
Thanks a lot for everyone that took part in this challenge. We hope to do this again next year!
Sagi & David
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Take part in the 2017 Professional Development Survey - July 9, 2017
- Master Class #5: Why we should care about avatar embodiment in VR (w/ Ayelet Batist) - April 25, 2017
- Master Class #4: The Soul in The Machine – Developing for Humans (w/ Christian Heilmann) - April 20, 2017
- Master Class #3: How personal AI revolutionized our digital experience (w/ Ori Shaashua) - March 21, 2017
- Intro: How websites actually work - March 13, 2017
- Choose a domain name that will strengthen your brand - March 13, 2017
- Technical tips when buying your domain name (and what mistakes to avoid) - March 13, 2017
- Creative ways to get a website up with no hosting or actual ‘website’ needed - March 13, 2017
- Bought a domain and decided to put up a website? Here’s how you can do that - March 13, 2017
- Master Class #2: Getting Buy-In (w/ Dan Mall) - March 10, 2017