In December 2016 we kicked off a New Years portfolio challenge for our community. We partnered up with .design, and gave away more than 500 free .design domain names to Hacking UI readers.
The brief was simply to do a portfolio re-design, while keeping it simple and focusing on presenting the work in a proper way.
While going through all of the portfolios, we noticed something that delighted us – people really invested in proper case studies for each of their works.
Check out the showcase, and be sure to click through to the portfolios themselves and explore some awesome case studies!
We also had some prizes that we announced we’d give out to 3 top portfolios of our choice.
So without further a due…
1st Place: Fedor Shkliarau – fedor.design
2nd Place: Tiphaine de Font-Réaulx – tiphainedefontreaulx.design
3rd Place: Omri Lachman – omritzek.design
Congrats to the winners! If you would like to see what they won you can read about it here.
Thanks a lot for everyone that took part in this challenge. We hope to do this again next year!
Sagi & David
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Master Class #1: This is Our New Robot, He’s Here to Replace You ( w/ Matty Mariansky) - February 16, 2017
- The New Year’s Portfolio Challenge – Winners and Showcase - January 26, 2017
- Submit your portfolio for The New year’s Portfolio challenge - January 2, 2017
- Join The New year’s Portfolio challenge - December 8, 2016
- Announcing the results of the 2016 Design Tools Survey - December 2, 2016
- Take part in the 2016 Design Tools Survey - November 17, 2016
- How to start public speaking – with Rizwan Javaid (SPA alum) - November 1, 2016
- The man who sold his last name and is now selling his future – Jason Zook - September 28, 2016
- Start building your personal Brand (from my talk at ITWeekend in Kiev) - September 18, 2016
- Bryn Jackson (Spec.fm) on how he built a gigantic podcast network with over 5 million downloads - September 8, 2016