In December 2016 we kicked off a New Years portfolio challenge for our community. We partnered up with .design, and gave away more than 500 free .design domain names to Hacking UI readers.
The brief was simply to do a portfolio re-design, while keeping it simple and focusing on presenting the work in a proper way.
While going through all of the portfolios, we noticed something that delighted us – people really invested in proper case studies for each of their works.
Check out the showcase, and be sure to click through to the portfolios themselves and explore some awesome case studies!
We also had some prizes that we announced we’d give out to 3 top portfolios of our choice.
So without further a due…
1st Place: Fedor Shkliarau – fedor.design
2nd Place: Tiphaine de Font-Réaulx – tiphainedefontreaulx.design
3rd Place: Omri Lachman – omritzek.design
Congrats to the winners! If you would like to see what they won you can read about it here.
Thanks a lot for everyone that took part in this challenge. We hope to do this again next year!
Sagi & David
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Love what you do, take massive action, and prosper (w/ Ran Segall, Prospero) - May 11, 2018
- How well are we connecting with our curiosity? (w/ David Kadavy, Love Your Work) - May 3, 2018
- What is design if not a way to tell a story (w/ Yasmine Evjen, Google) - March 16, 2018
- The value of free education and building communities (w/ Quincy Larson, FreeCodeCamp) - March 8, 2018
- Breaking down design systems to atomic elements (w/ Brad Frost, Atomic Design) - March 1, 2018
- Don’t be a “tooler”, but a learner (w/ Jason Ogle, UserDefenders.com) - February 22, 2018
- Have fun, create value and do it consistently (w/ Noah Kagan, Sumo.com & AppSumo.com) - February 15, 2018
- Find a niche you love, specialize, succeed (w/ Samuel Hulick, UserOnboard.com) - February 8, 2018
- Designing as ‘Change Agents’ (w/ Maria Giudice, former VP Experience at Autodesk) - February 1, 2018
- Finding Your Product’s Level of Readiness and Manifesting Design systems (w/ Keenan Cummings, Airbnb) - January 25, 2018