After the crazy success of our two meetups last year in NY and San Fran, we’ve been wracking our brains trying to think of ways to facilitate more in-person meetups and offline gatherings.
Several sleepless nights later, we figured it out: a Slack group for all things related to design conferences.
To make this group as effective as possible, we wanted to find someone who knows everything there is to know about design conferences. Someone really awesome too, who has 10 years of experience running the best conferences for designers and front-end developers in the world.
So, we’ve joined forces with the original masters of the design conference, An Event Apart.
They’ll be helping us lead discussions in the group on everything from the best conferences to attend and the best things to do in those cities, to finding ways to meet up with other attendees and sharing feedback during the actual events. In the future, they’ll also be hosting Q&A sessions with conference speakers. And if you’re bummed that you can’t attend that next killer conference, you can enjoy the next best thing by following along at your desk.
To make this group even sweeter, An Event Apart is going to start things off by giving away 2 free tickets to their next conference, on March 14-16 in Nashville. All you have to do to enter is go into the #AnEventApart channel and introduce yourself to the group. Write your name, where you live and what you currently do (ie. product designer, UX researcher, developer, etc.).
We’ll announce the winners in the Slack channel next week.
Sagi & David
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Results & Analysis of The 2017 Tech Education Survey - September 28, 2017
- Introducing: The Hacking UI Master Class Series - January 17, 2017
- Influencing an industry and building a personal brand with Khoi Vinh (Principal Designer, Adobe) - December 22, 2016
- How to grow a blog and remain true to your audience – Chris Coyier (CSS-Tricks & CodePen) - November 24, 2016
- The ups and downs of dominating a niche – Harry Roberts (CSS Wizardry) - November 10, 2016
- The best decision we ever made - October 31, 2016
- The teacher who never stopped learning – Kelsey Ruger (SPA alum) - October 25, 2016
- The musician who turned a side project into a multi-million dollar company – David Okuniev (Typeform) - October 20, 2016
- The freelance designer that stopped selling his time – Peter Nowell (Sketch Master) - October 11, 2016
- A complete step-by-step guide to set up HTTPS on your website - October 10, 2016