What mistakes do most of us do when presenting our work to clients? How can any client to approve our designs no matter what role they play in their company? What happens we designersclash on design ideas with a CEO of a company? How can we get buy-in?
The Hacking UI Master Class
The Hacking UI Master Class is a monthly series of conversations and lectures with experts in design, development, and technology, in which the experts discuss emerging technology and new ideas.
If you haven’t yet, you are welcome to sign up for free to the Hacking UI Master Class.
From the talk
- President Obama and Bill Simmons: The GQ Interview (beautiful typography)
- Selling Design Systems – an article by Dan
- Change By Design – a book about IDEO’s fascinating design thinking methodology
- How to Make sense of any Mess – book recommendation by Dan
- ‘Interviewing Users: How to Uncover Compelling Insights’ – a book by Rosenfeld Media
- Brief intro on Jobs to be Done
- ‘What Really Matters: Focusing on Top Tasks’ – great article on A List Apart
- A guide on OKRs
- Design is a Job – great book by Mike Monteiro
Dan Mall is a Creative Director & Advisor. He is the founder and director of
He is the founder and director of SuperFriendly design studio, the co-founder and CEO of SuperBooked – a service that helps you find work with a little help from your friends, and also is author of a book called Pricing Design.
Shout out to our Sponsors
This free talk is brought to you by Webydo.
Made by designers, for designers, Webydo seeks to transform the website creation process by providing its 250K designer community with total freedom of web design.
Professional designers and digital agencies can create, publish and manage pixel-perfect websites faster with Webydo’s all-in-one web design software. Hosting, CMS, and client billing are all included.
Catch the next Master Class
With Ori Shaashua, Co-Founder at Neura
March 29, 2pm EST
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Love what you do, take massive action, and prosper (w/ Ran Segall, Prospero) - May 11, 2018
- How well are we connecting with our curiosity? (w/ David Kadavy, Love Your Work) - May 3, 2018
- What is design if not a way to tell a story (w/ Yasmine Evjen, Google) - March 16, 2018
- The value of free education and building communities (w/ Quincy Larson, FreeCodeCamp) - March 8, 2018
- Breaking down design systems to atomic elements (w/ Brad Frost, Atomic Design) - March 1, 2018
- Don’t be a “tooler”, but a learner (w/ Jason Ogle, UserDefenders.com) - February 22, 2018
- Have fun, create value and do it consistently (w/ Noah Kagan, Sumo.com & AppSumo.com) - February 15, 2018
- Find a niche you love, specialize, succeed (w/ Samuel Hulick, UserOnboard.com) - February 8, 2018
- Designing as ‘Change Agents’ (w/ Maria Giudice, former VP Experience at Autodesk) - February 1, 2018
- Finding Your Product’s Level of Readiness and Manifesting Design systems (w/ Keenan Cummings, Airbnb) - January 25, 2018