In this class we talked to Christian Heilmann, HTML5/Open Web Evangelist at Microsoft, on how to integrate machine learning into the product design & development cycle.
Check out all materials covered in the talk on Chris’s blog.
We would also love to hear what YOU would love to learn for future Master Classes, so we would love to ask for your help with taking the Master Class survey →
The Hacking UI Master Class
The Hacking UI Master Class is a monthly series of conversations and lectures with experts in design, development, and technology, in which the experts discuss emerging technology and new ideas.
If you haven’t yet, you are welcome to sign up for free to the Hacking UI Master Class.
Chris Heilmann is an HTML5/Open Web Evangelist at Microsoft
Chris Heilmann has dedicated a lot of his time making the web better. Originally coming from a radio journalism background, he built his first web site from scratch around 1997 and spent the following years working on lots of large, international web sites.
He then spent a few years in Yahoo building products and explaining and training people including Yahoo Answers, Search, Local and Maps. He then worked at Mozilla moving HTML5 support forward and advocating Firefox OS as an open alternative to closed mobile systems.
Chris wrote two and contributed to eight books on web development and wrote many articles and hundreds of blog posts for Ajaxian, Smashing Magazine, Yahoo, Mozilla, ScriptJunkie and many more. He also wrote the Developer Evangelism Handbook in use in many companies to coach evangelists.
He is currently working with the Microsoft Edge team as a Program Manager for Developer Outreach.
Shout out to our Sponsors
The Hacking UI Master Class is completely free and brought to you by the support of our sponsors – General Assembly.
General Assembly has excellent courses for learning about design, development, business and technology.
If you’ve enjoyed the Master Class or like learning in that style, then a General Assembly course could be a great fit for you.
General Assembly is giving you:
– An invite to learn more about their upcoming curriculum
– As well as $100 off any course you choose
You can get this offer by filling in our short Master Class Survey.
You’ll get $100, and help us improve the Master Class for you. Great deal 🙂
More UX & Frontend goodness
- What is design if not a way to tell a story (w/ Yasmine Evjen, Google) - March 16, 2018
- The value of free education and building communities (w/ Quincy Larson, FreeCodeCamp) - March 8, 2018
- Breaking down design systems to atomic elements (w/ Brad Frost, Atomic Design) - March 1, 2018
- Don’t be a “tooler”, but a learner (w/ Jason Ogle, UserDefenders.com) - February 22, 2018
- Have fun, create value and do it consistently (w/ Noah Kagan, Sumo.com & AppSumo.com) - February 15, 2018
- Find a niche you love, specialize, succeed (w/ Samuel Hulick, UserOnboard.com) - February 8, 2018
- Designing as ‘Change Agents’ (w/ Maria Giudice, former VP Experience at Autodesk) - February 1, 2018
- Finding Your Product’s Level of Readiness and Manifesting Design systems (w/ Keenan Cummings, Airbnb) - January 25, 2018
- The Falafel Method for UI Design - August 16, 2017
- Take part in the 2017 Professional Development Survey - July 9, 2017