Introducing: The Hacking UI Podcast, Season 1 – Scaling a Design Team
Hi, I’m Sagi Shrieber, Product Design Director at a scaling startup, and with me (in the same company) is David – a Front End Developer lead. We are also both entrepreneurs, bloggers, productivity/time-hacker maniacs, and all around tech geeks. So you see – these are the topics that we would probably discuss in the Hacking UI Podcast. If you’re into what we’re into – we would love for you to join us on this podcast and think you’ll find it super interesting!
In this season – which we called ‘Scaling a Design Team’ – we will be talking to great designers from top notch product companies to discuss team structures, responsibilities, and workflows. We’ll also be talking to them about design management, hiring, and culture. This is a chance for us to get an inside look at some of the best design teams out there and to understand how they fit in at different companies.
Episode 1: Billy Kiely, VP Product at Invision
In this episode we talked with the amazing Billy Kiely, VP Product of Invision.
Billy was the first designer at Invision, and he scaled the company alongside Clark, the CEO, with design thinking as one of it’s core values.
We talk about the structure of Invision’s product team, about how Billy made hiring decisions, what it’s like to work at Invision on a daily basis, and more.
This is our first episode, so we would love to hear your feedback! Write us in the comments!
The Side Project Accelerator
The program works in batches, with only 3 batches per year. Registration for the next batch of the Side Project Accelerator is now open until November 10th, and there are only 50 seats available. Apply now to reserve your spot.
I Love this podcast – now what?
Show your love #1 – Talk: Talk about it with friends and get the word out! We started this podcast in order to learn and would love to see others learn from it too.
Show your love #2 – Leave a review: Review us on iTunes and tell us which guest you’d like us to bring on the show next. When you review us it lets us know that you like the show and that we should keep doing it. Check out the following image, which describes exactly how to leave a review in one minute.
Show your love #3 – Share: Share this page on Twitter, Facebook, or wherever you can 🙂
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Submit your portfolio for The New year’s Portfolio challenge - January 2, 2017
- Join The New year’s Portfolio challenge - December 8, 2016
- Announcing the results of the 2016 Design Tools Survey - December 2, 2016
- Take part in the 2016 Design Tools Survey - November 17, 2016
- How to start public speaking – with Rizwan Javaid (SPA alum) - November 1, 2016
- The man who sold his last name and is now selling his future – Jason Zook - September 28, 2016
- Start building your personal Brand (from my talk at ITWeekend in Kiev) - September 18, 2016
- Bryn Jackson (Spec.fm) on how he built a gigantic podcast network with over 5 million downloads - September 8, 2016
- Victor Yocco (UX researcher & Author) on applying psychological theory to digital design - August 31, 2016
- Running Hacking UI as a full time job & launching the Side Project Accelerator - August 22, 2016