Next week (on the 24th and 25th of August), we’ll be hosting two awesome free events in San Francisco!
If you’re in town, you should come say hi! Beers & pizzas on us!
When & Where? August 24th and 25th, both events start at 6:30pm and will take place at Galvanize Soma.
Wednesday Aug 24th
“If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs.”
– Tony A. Gaskins
If you’re into side projects – you want to be in this event!
After working on Hacking UI for 3 years, we learned that having a personal brand is essential to building an audience and creating a community, which are key ingredients for your side project’s success.
In this micro-workshop we’ll present and discuss our core philosophy for side projects and talk about mailing lists, content upgrades, audience-driven product development, the dotted line principle, the giver vs. taker approach, and more.
We will then share with you our 7 stage writing workflow and get you on your way to writing an article of your own.
This event will be part lecture / part hands-on experience, and by the end of the night you’ll be on your way to publishing your first article, and equipped with all of the tools to build your personal brand.
Now it’s your turn! Sign up and start getting yourself out there!
Thursday Aug 25th
Almost two years of experience managing designers, 9 interviews, and one professional panel later, we are here to tell you all about the insights, lessons learned, and methodologies that were successfully implemented from interviewing the world’s top design managers for the Hacking UI Podcast.
These lessons are from our talks with the following design leaders:
- Billy Kiely – VP Product at Invision
- Melissa Hajj – Design Manager at Facebook
- Emmet Connolly – Director of Design at Intercom
- Joel Califa – Design Manager at Digital Ocean
- Magera Moon – Design Manager at Etsy
- Bob Baxley – Former Director of Design at Apple, (was also at Pinterest and Yahoo)
- Katie Dill – Director of Experience Design at Airbnb
- Jon Lax – Director of Product Design at Facebook
- and more..
More UX & Frontend goodness
- Master Class #1: This is Our New Robot, He’s Here to Replace You ( w/ Matty Mariansky) - February 16, 2017
- The New Year’s Portfolio Challenge – Winners and Showcase - January 26, 2017
- Submit your portfolio for The New year’s Portfolio challenge - January 2, 2017
- Join The New year’s Portfolio challenge - December 8, 2016
- Announcing the results of the 2016 Design Tools Survey - December 2, 2016
- Take part in the 2016 Design Tools Survey - November 17, 2016
- How to start public speaking – with Rizwan Javaid (SPA alum) - November 1, 2016
- The man who sold his last name and is now selling his future – Jason Zook - September 28, 2016
- Start building your personal Brand (from my talk at ITWeekend in Kiev) - September 18, 2016
- Bryn Jackson (Spec.fm) on how he built a gigantic podcast network with over 5 million downloads - September 8, 2016